Thursday, May 19, 2005

Singer Snail Mails Her CD Direct To Fans

Woohoo, the autographed CD from Corrinne May arrived today! This women is really cute. In her FAQ on the question 'how will you ship the item', she says, "Lovingly! First, we will pack each item with care, say a little prayer, and then drive to our nearest local Post Office at not more 25 miles/hr and pass it over to our favorite local Postal employee, Dan." Does anybody else in the music business do things like this nowadays? Just like the blogger phenomenon where writers want to do business directly with his or her readers, independent musicians want to get personal with their listeners. The CD can be found in CD shops, Amazon.com, and CD Baby. But one can also get autographed CDs direct from her. The new album Safe In A Crazy World is less of a concept album than the first which I found to be very technical. Still, the new album is a wonderful complement to the first; it's got a more pop style to it. I'm listening to it repeatedly for far, far more times than is advisable. Can't wait for the next album, which I'll probably order from her direct again. Listen to samples here, here, and here.

8 comments:

Ali said...

She could be lying about the packaging... or, you could be the only person who she sent it to and she is secretly stalking you...

kennysia said...

I like Corrinne May. I listened to her songs during my recent bereavement. Thanks for letting me know her new album is out. I doubt I can get them here in Kuching, but I'll keep a look out of them when travel around.

jeffyen said...

alison, tell me your new address and I'll make it a point to stalk YOU hahaa

kenny, I asked her husband (he answers the sales emails) whether it's available in shops in Malaysia, and he says he'll get back to me later; he'll ask the distributors in Singapore who handle the region... ;)

jeffyen said...

You want, can...she'll post one to you too LOL

http://www.pinkarmchair.com/flash/corrinne/safe/albumsafe.htm

ttani bee said...

Hello there... i found your link on the post u did on the corrinne may yahoo group. yup i got my autographed cd from her too! cool cd huh. anyways, enjoy the cd too... : )

Tannie chanced upon your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

hey, just chanced upon your blog link from the note u left on yahoo groups for corrinne may. yup i got mine too! autographed. so sweetly done. anyways, hope you enjoy it lots too. : )

tannie

kAiTiE said...

Hey... Sorry for disturbing... Cuz I wanna purchase her cds too... May I find out from u, after converting to Sing dollars, how much will it cost in total with the shipping & taxes levy...?? & I cant seem to browse www.2checkout.com plus to add on to make matter worse, I dun own a credit card cuz am still a student, so how do I go abt doing it?? Hmmm... Sad... :(

kAiTiE said...

Opps... U can drop me a mail at tiantian at myway dot com. Thanks!