Thursday, May 5, 2005

Which Americans Are Worse Than 9-11 Terrorists?

Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson tackles the question head-on. And I almost fell out of my chair.
On Sunday morning, Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson told TV viewers nation-wide that the threat posed by [out of control] liberal judges is "probably more serious than a few bearded terrorists who fly into buildings." When an incredulous George Stephanopoulos asked if Robertson really believed that these judges posed "the most serious threat America has faced in nearly 400 years of history, more serious than al Qaeda, more serious than Nazi Germany and Japan, more serious than the Civil War?," he responded, "George, I really believe that." From moveon.org, Media Matters, interview transcript
What's wrong with these people? I think my head's going to explode soon. Arghhghghgh! OK, I've calmed down enough to think. People like him and James "Focus on your own darn family" Dobson, these guys really believe what they're saying. I have no doubt about that. And if the folks in the US aren't careful, they will take over the country! OK, I don't even want to think anymore, it's too frightening... Germany 1930s, anyone? More from the Christian Science Monitor.
The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and cooperation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life. -Adolph Hitler, Proclamation to the German nation at Berlin, February 1, 1933 I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord's work. -Adolf Hitler, speech at the Reichstag, Berlin, in 1936.
More from DailyKos.

No comments: