Saturday, November 13, 2004

Hua Mulan

Let's get down to business - to defeat the Huns Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons? You're the saddest bunch I ever met But you can bet before we're through Mister, I'll make a man out of you ~Officer Donny Osmond
haha, Hua Mulan is on channel 7 now... so many punny lines. The Emperor just said, 'A single grain of rice can tip the scale; one man may be the difference between victory and defeat.' haaaha. Anyway, it's strange that Lea Salonga sings both today's and yesterday's songs. Ubiquitous!

2 comments:

Ali said...

I love Mulan! I have the VCD. My favourite song:
"We must be as swift a raging fire,
With all the force of a great typhoon,
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon"
Not sure if I got the wording correctly, but anyway.

And I love Mooshu (is that how you spell it? Well, Eddie Murphy's character)!

"For breakfast it's porridge. And it's happy to see you."

I can't believe I rememeber so many lines. Extremely sad of me.

jeffyen said...

haha, you got most of the lyrics right; mushu is just LAUGH OUT LOUD funny! 'sobsob, my little baby's all grown up now...and saving...China...sob'

I think my favourite sequence is the scene when she decides to go take her father's place, cut off her hair with such a cool swift movement, one wonders whether that's actually a Ginsu knife. That must have taken a whole lot of dishonourable courage... Poster child of the woman's suffrage...

I really think non-kids are able to understand Disney cartoons better. I don't think I understood much of it before LOL

Go here for more funny stuff.